2 Hours – $465 up to 7 people then $65 per extra person up to 20 students total
3 Hours – $545 up to 7 people then $75 per extra person up to 20 students total
Do you have a work group or group of friends that would like to do a 2 hour BYO but Friday night doesn’t work for you? Book your group in for a 2 or 3 hour session for up to 9 people.
These Private sessions run on Saturday or Sunday, 1pm, 4pm or 7pm. We can also run them during the week when the studio is available.
Your teacher will guide you on your journey to make either a cup/mug/bowl, or if in a 3 hour class, a Bud Vase. You’ll be able to either decorate your piece with a bit of colour or emboss patterns.
The 2 hour session is a fun, casual intro to clay, a chance to have a laugh and get your hands a little dirty. The 3 hour session is more of a workshop and will give you the time to really focus in on your piece(you’ll also get a little bit more clay to play with if needed). If your gathering is for an event(like a Hen’s or Birthday), or larger than 10, then we find the 3 hour session works best.
You’re free to BYO to the group bookings.
- BYO drinks and snacks(we can supply wine glasses)
- Hand building isn’t too messy, but wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty. An apron is a good idea
- Clip your fingernails if possible. Pinch pots are a little difficult with long nails.
- Closed in shoes(no thongs or sandals as there will be sharp tools on the table)
- You’ll be working at the tables in the hand building space or in the courtyard, this class is not on the pottery wheel. But do speak to us if you’d like to chat about a private wheel group session.
Your pieces will take 1 or 2 weeks to dry. After that they’ll be fired once, glazed, then fired again. The whole process takes 4 to 6 weeks and could be longer depending on humidity and current work load.
If, at the end of the workshop, you’ve finalised your piece with no colour, we dip your work in a white matte glaze, but if you have decorated with our underglaze paints, we’ll dip it in a clear glaze.
Fill in your details below including dates and times you have in mind and we’ll get back to you asap. Alternatively you can call us on (02) 4346 4459 for a chat.