$400 – 8x 2 hour classes
This 8 week introduction is for the beginner wheel enthusiast.
The two hour classes will teach you the necessary skills to start on the wheel. Wedging, centering, creating vessels and turning. The focus is on technique and creating different shapes. It is structured in 2x 4 week blocks:
- The first 2 weeks are spend throwing pots
- 3rd week you’ll be trimming the bottoms of your pots
- 4th week will be spent glazing
- 5th week we start the process again working on your throwing technique.
- You’ll be able to keep 12-16 pots by the end of the 8 weeks
This process is repeated throughout the course. What you learn here will build your confidence so you can move on to the advanced classes to learn more complex forms and decoration. If you have already learned the basics, this is still a good space for you.
All clay, firing and glazing is included in the price.
Because of the structure of the course, if you miss a class, it’s difficult to take a make up class. If you miss the 3rd week for example, your teacher will turn your pots for you to ensure they’ll be dry and bisque fired for the glazing session in the 4th week. No refunds are given for missed classes.